Bali Safari and Marine Park is a top tourist destination with a variety of animals from around the world put in an environment resembling as closely as possible their original habitat. The park is a national attraction that was built on an area of 40 hectares.
At the Park are over 400 animals of 80 species mainly originating from three regions, namely Indonesia, India, and Africa. The Bali Safari Marine Park is complete with a variety of other attractions like a roller coaster and twister. Several performances can be seen on the Bali Safari park, among others:
- Animal Education show at the Hannuman Stage providing knowledge about endangered species.
- Elephant Conservation & Education Show in Kampung Gajah. In this area you can find an elephant museum, elephant riding, elephant souvenirs, and elephant stalls.
- Elephant Bathing in Ganesha. In the Ganesha Park is a statue of Ganesha as high as 9 m which is the entrance to the Balinese Theater. In the Ganesha Park you can interact closely with the elephants that are bathing.
- Balinese Holy Water Procession at Tirta Sulasih. Sulasih Tirta is a sacred bathing place with Balinese cultural nuances. You can watch the daily activities of Balinese with its unique culture. You can also get a variety of crafts and souvenirs here.
- Balinese Bamboo Music in Bali Terminal.
- Balinese Dancing Class at Bale Banjar.
- Tigers of Ranthambore, this is a replica of an ancient fort in India. The fort is a inhabited with very rare white tigers.
Next to the animals Bali Safari Park is equipped with several other attractions like the Fun Zone which is available for children aged up to 10 years. There are a variety of rides for only Rp. 10,000 per ride like, Mery Go Round, Clumbing Car and Go Go Bouncer. You can also ride a pony or camel (Rp. 20,000 per person), while going around on a 30-minute elephant ride would cost a hefty Rp. 100 thousand. As available in other safari parks you can take pictures with some of the animals but it would cost you Rp20.000.
The Bali Safari Marine Park is located at Jalan Bypass Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra, 5 km south of Gianyar and 20km east of Denpasar. Best to arrange a tour since going by public transport is quite a hassle.
Entrance fee is expensive too: for Indonesians it is Rp. 135.000 but for foreigners entrance fee to the Bali Safari and Marine Park is US $35.
Phone: +62 361 751 300